Choosing A New Water Heater
Many homeowners will need to choose a new water heater at some point. It is important that they know what do when they are looking for a new one. Here are some things to keep in mind when you are looking for a new water heater.
What Factors Should I Consider When Looking For A New Water Heater?
- Size - The size of the water heater is important. You will need to find one that will fit in your laundry room, preferable in a corner. It is important to find an average sized one because you won't want one that is either too big or too small.
- Price - Price is another factor that you will want to look at when you are shopping for a new water heater. There are sales that you can take advantage of to bring the price down. Check for any other types of discounts, like rebates, and complete the process that they ask you to do in order to receive more savings.
- Manufacturer - Be sure to get a water heater that is made by a company with a good name so that you can trust the way that it was made. This is very important because you will want to know that you are getting the best type of merchandise.
- Warranties And Guarantees - Look for warranties and guaranties on the water heater. You will want to make sure that you have one or the other in case something goes wrong with it.
- Upkeep - Make sure that you find a model of water heater that doesn't require a lot of upkeep. It will be important that the model not take a lot of time to care for because it will be a lot of work if it is one that has to have too many things done in order for it to work properly.
How Often Does It Maintenance?
This will all depend on the model that you choose. You should look at the manual that comes with it in order to make sure that you are following the proper procedures.
In most cases, you will want to check the water heater every three months as a general rule. Look for anything that looks out of place or for smells that are not normal.
Doing some research on a new water heater for your Berkeley home? Call Albert Nahman Plumbing & Heating at (510) 843-6904 today, and get the proper insight on your new water heater choice.